- A "material connection" is one that is not reasonably expected by the audience or not readily apparent from the context of the communication that may affect the weight or credibility a reasonable consumer would give to the communications or messages made by the Endorser.
- Such connections may be found in the form of:
- Receiving consideration (i.e. monetary compensation, including fees or commissions; gift cards; event access; prizes; free or discounted products or services) provided by Craye Label (or any of its agents acting on its behalf) to the Endorser;
- A relationship between Craye Label and the Endorser (such as employment or contractual relationships); or
- Potential consideration gained through a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes for which participation is conditioned upon an Endorsement.
- Some examples of adequate material connection disclosures may be as follows:
- I received [product] from Craye Label as a gift;
- [Thanks to][Courtesy of] Craye Label, I was given [product];
- Craye Label sent me [product] to try;
- This post is a paid advertisement for Craye Label;
- I am an employee (if applies) of Craye Label; or
- Tagging an Endorsement on any Platform with a hashtag that discloses the material connection of the Endorsement to Craye Label or a specific promotion or contest; possible acceptable examples may include #CrayeLabel, #crayelabel, #craye, #CL, and any misspellings or alternatives in reference to our brand.
- The above are only examples of disclosures which may be adequate. Variations of those examples may also be adequate depending on the context. The key is to disclose that there is a relationship between Craye Label and the Endorser which a reasonable consumer reading the Endorsement may not have realized (e.g. an employment relationship, a paid advertiser relationship, or related to a promotion or contest advertised by Craye Label).
- Disclosures need to be made in a clear and conspicuous manner. This generally means the disclosure should occur in close proximity to where the Endorsement was made and in a similar size, font, and color.
Failure to comply with the following Guidelines will cause a Post to be rejected and pulled from Craye Label™s Pages and may result in immediate disqualification from being a User of Craye Label™s Pages:
- Personal Attacks: Disrespecting, insulting or personally attacking other Users or Posts will not be permitted. Behavior and comments that may result in others feeling threatened or specifically targeted or abused will not be permitted.
- Discrimination: Discrimination or prejudice based upon race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status, will not be tolerated. Any prejudicial statements, behaviors, comments or remarks will cause the Post to be immediately disqualified and removed.
- Pornographic Material: Pornographic material and/or references to it are not permitted in Posts and Posts containing such will be removed.
- Violence: Any Post or statement inciting or directly referring to violence, past violence or the threat of violence is prohibited and will be removed.
- Hatred: Constructive debate is permitted, but hatred towards any User or specific categories of Users will not be tolerated.
- Libelous Statements: Libel of any kind is not permitted. Libel is a statement or comment about a person or organization that cannot be proved to be true and may be considered damaging to their reputation and/or interests.
- SPAM: Any Post or statement that disrupts the normal flow of chat is not permitted. Examples: garbled or nonsense sentences, duplication of words and numbers. Users may not use the community in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise). Also, posting under multiple nicknames are not allowed.
- Slang or References to Upsetting/Distressing Subjects: Slang referring to upsetting or distressing subjects, in Craye Label™s sole discretion, will not be permitted and will be immediately removed. Such references include drug use, sexual acts of an indecent nature (and anything considered to be explicitly sexual in nature), references to religion, political beliefs or anything deemed to distress Users or the parents or guardians of Users or anything deemed to be socially unacceptable.
- Criminal or Immoral Activity: Any mention of or reference to criminal or immoral activity will not be permitted, including drugs, prostitution, fraud, stalking, extortion and terrorism.
- Unauthorized Content: The content you submit to Craye Label Pages will not contain any trademarked or copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the owner of such material or you are otherwise licensed to Post the material and to grant Craye Label all relevant licenses and permissions to use the material as contemplated herein.
Associates who violate any portion of this Policy will be disciplined, up to and including termination, fines, fees, and compensation of defamation of Craye Label or anything else of similar type to affect Craye Label as a business.
Craye Label reserves the right to change, alter, or modify this Policy at any time without prior notice. If you do not fully agree to this Policy, then do not submit any Posts or Endorsements.